About the business
Hello, welcome to Andersons Injury Clinic Limavady. My name is Philip Anderson and I’m a Sports Massage/Manipulative Therapist. I opened Andersons in Limavady, Co Londonderry/Derry, Northern Ireland in 2006.
I treat a range of musculoskeletal problems including back pain, shoulder pain, sports injuries, ligament and tendon issues, tension headaches, tightened muscles and more. The main problem that I treat is lower back pain.
I see patients from all across Northern Ireland & Co. Donegal. I see many local people from Limavady, Coleraine, Derry/Londonderry, Claudy, Garvagh, Ballykelly, and Greysteel area, to more widespread Ballymoney, Dervock, Dungiven, Bushmills, Portrush, Portstewart, Buncrana, Moville, Muff and even as far as England, Scotland and Wales.
To open Andersons Injury Clinic had been a dream of mines for a long time and the business runs in the family as my father Donald (Don) Anderson also ran Andersons in Eglinton many years ago but retired in 1997 and past away at the age of 76 in October 2008 due to a heart attack.
I gained a lot of experience and knowledge from my father to improve my techniques and all round care I give to my patients.
Due to my father Don Anderson being in the same line of work as myself, I have been treating injuries since the young age of 8 years old. I fixed myself, my parents and my friends. Before I opened my own clinic, I worked alongside my father for a year whenever he seen his own patients. This also gave me a lot of clinical experience.
I got qualified in Massage and started up my business in 2006. I then wanted to further my own knowledge so I continued on to do Sports Massage Therapy level three, four and five which is the highest level achievable. I have a Diploma in Manipulative Therapy. I also have a Diploma in NeuroKineticTherapy (NKT) in which I have done all 3 levels and am one of very few in Northern Ireland to have this qualification.
- Diploma VTCT Level 5 Sports Massage Therapy
- Diploma NCFE Level 3 Sports Massage Therapy
- Diploma in Manipulative Therapy (NIM 2016)
- Diploma in NeuroKinetic Therapy (NKT level 3) (2018)
- Member of National Association of Massage & Manipulative Therapists (NAMMT) (til March 2021)
- Diploma in Holistic/Indian Head Massage
- Certficate in Shoulder Joint Masterclass (2017)
- Certficate in Joint Mobilisation
- Certficate in Muscle Energy Techniques
- Certficate in Kinesiology Taping (2021)
- Certificate in Advanced Soft Tissue Techniques
- Certificate in Hip & Lumbar Spine Masterclass
- Certificate in Vital Glutes & Psoas Masterclass
- Certificate in Neurological Testing Masterclass (2017)
- Certificate in Clinical Neurodynamics Upp & Low (4 days, 2020)
- Certificate of Attendance Lower Limb & Biomechanics Conference
- Practitioners Diploma in Myofascial Release
- Level 5 Certificate Anatomy & Physiology
- Emergency First Aid at work (issued Nov 2020)
- Certificate in Spinal Manipulation (OMT) (2014)
- Certificate in Advanced Spinal Manipulation (OMT) (2015)
I am always updating my professional development doing courses all the time. I have just completed a 4 day course on the nerves (Clinical NeuroDynamics) Feb 2020.List of injuries treated
What my patients say
I attended Philip due to injury precipitated from intense triathlon training. The treatment (Sports Physio) and knowledge of diet and self-directed stretching advised by Philip were excellent. I would highly recommend Andersons Injury Clinic.
I have been attending Andersons Injury Clinic regular for the past 5 years with various injuries. I drive 2 hours as I wouldn’t go anywhere else for treatment. Philip always does a fantastic job and I would highly recommend him to anyone.
Philip helped my back first time and eased the pain straight away, Great Job!!
I hurt my back about once a year and Philip is the first man I see. I always walk out of his clinic feeling great. That pain is just gone. I feel like a new man everytime. Thanks Philip
I firstly attended Andersons Injury Clinic approximately 2 years ago, after a couple of treatment sessions my pain was completely relieved!…my only regret was I hadn’t been to see Philip sooner instead of suffering. I now attend the clinic as soon as I feel any pain as I know Philip will have it sorted in no time, with those magic hands!
Running 29 marathons in 29 days wouldn’t have been possible without Philip’s magic hands. I’ve never felt better leaving a physios’ clinic. Highly recommended!!
Really amazing service, very polite and worked wonders on my injury. After years of pain and discomfort and limited movement, I now feel great! I have been here yearly since 2008, wish I could get over here more often.